Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chris & Ashley: Engaged (Grand Haven Wedding Photographer)

May 17, 2013



I feel luck such a slacker this week. I assure you I am NOT slacking but it feels like I am because I am getting behind on my editing! I've been so much busier than usual with my wedding coming up, and as most of you know, usually I am pretty busy! So anyway, I'm doing my best to catch up and now I have a new engagement session to show you all.

Last week, despite the ominous clouds, I headed up to Grand Haven to meet Chris and Ashley. They are getting married in September, and wanted to do some beach/sunset shots on Lake Michigan. Now, with all the great weather we'd been having, it was looking like all would work out nicely. But it was so cloudy, we couldn't see the sunset. However, the light was perfect and, despite the chillier temperature, the wind didn't bother us too much and we had lots of fun anyway!

When I first got there, Chris and Ashley's friend, Megan, met me in the driveway. She told me that the house alarm was going off and we were waiting to get it shut off. So while we waited, everyone just chilled, picked out outfits, ate some dinner, and got ready for photos. Finally we got the alarm shut off and headed outside. Phew! It was definitely a loud alarm! Chris and Ashley have an adorable little one, Maddie, who was super great for photos. My favorite moment with her was when she was running toward her parents, Chris opens his arms to catch her, and she chucks a handful of wet sand at the two of them. I caught it! Classic!

Anyway, back to the couple. These two are a lot of fun and I'm super excited to get to work with them again later this summer. We hang around with some of the same people, and as I always say, I love working with people I know because it always lightens the mood! Anyway, I hope they and you like the photos and keep an eye out for these two again in September!

^I thought I'd add this little "header" too since we took lots of family photos too!




^Maddie is pretty cute all the time, but even more so when she smiles big!

^Ashley's ring is a sapphire! Very cool!




^Haha, cute!



^I'm glad she's having fun!





^Sneak attack! I love these shots!


^Adirondack chairs on the beach!





^Playing in the beach grass... you guys know how much I like to do that!




^Love this one too!


^Silhouettes on the deck.



My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.