Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Murray Family

April 30, 2011



This past Saturday marked a milestone in the life of a friend of mine this weekend. Sarah, who has been a fan and friend of mine for a good long time now, graduated from my alma mater, Grand Valley State University, and is ready to take on the world. What better excuse than that is there to get some family photos done.

I've known the Murray family for a LONG time. Sarah's brother, Vince, was my best friend in kindergarten. And although we really didn't hang out too much after that, though we obviously saw each other throughout the rest of our Harrison school careers, every now and then we look back on this one photo my mother took of us and my little sister having a fun day together and munching fudge-sicles and we reminisce! Since then, we've gone on to do bigger and better things, but of course I was thrilled to see them all.
Despite wind and just a bit of rain, got lots of photos, including some at Grand Valley (seems fitting) and generally had a good time. Short and sweet, but definitely a good time!

Oh, and hopefully Vince will not mind me posting this, can't talk about it and not show it...

I am the big mouth on the left, my sister is the big mouth on the right, and Vince, of course, is the cute young man in the center. Ahhh, the good old days.

And I'm really not sure what my mom was thinking letting me eat a chocolate like that in a white shirt... I'm unaware of whether or not the shirt made it through the whole experience :) Now, on to the pro photos!


^Just as they arrived, the sun decided to come out.
We thought this was a good spot because of how different the flooded river makes it look.





^Lounging on the Public Museum lawn. Great GR backdrop.







^Sarah sporting her cap and gown.


^Done with college... thumbs up!


^Thought this was funny, Gary put out his credit card, since he helped to acheive this goal!

^Decided since we were at the downtown campus we should stop in for a couple shots too.



^Great to see you guys!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.